Wednesday 24 August 2011

CHILDLIKE FAITH

One Friday morning, our staff attended a team building workshop. It was something out of the ordinary and very enjoyable. We were divided into teams of six and each team had to paint part of a picture on two squares, using the same colours, and in the end, when placed in the correct order, it all formed one very large picture - which speaks for itself.

The day before our tea lady had celebrated her birthday, and we all thronged around her, singing "Happy birthday to you!", wished her well and handed her a cake with candles, as well as an envelope containing quite a handsome sum of money, which we had collected amongst ourselves. It was a happy and enjoyable occasion for her.

On the next Monday morning I arrived at the office to find that three members of staff had been retrneched on the basis of last in, first out, a decision made because of the decline in the market and economics which is experienced in general on an international scale at the moment. What a blow! What a let down from team 'building'... This was very upsetting indeed, as two of the ladies, the receptionist and the tea lady were really efficient. In fact, in my humble view, the best we had had in these positions.

The Tuesday morning, I asked our tea lady whether she had made application for another position as yet and her answer really was a lesson in faith to me.

She said: "You know, these things happen. I was not upset. I arived at work on Friday bubbling with the joy of the Lord. So... I am not in a great haste. I am at peace. I have asked the Lord to provide and just as He opened this door for me, which He has now closed, so He will open another, better door, in His perfect time. When one has asked, one must not be impatient or in a hurry, but, in faith, you must wait on Him. I know what I know, that He will provide for me and that is good enough for me."

WOW! I was indeed impressed and humbled by her faith!

               "At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, "Who is the greatest in the
               kingdom of heaven?" Then Jesus called a little child to Him, set him in the
               midst of them and said, "Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted
               and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of
               heaven. Therefore whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest
               in the kingdom of heaven." Matt. 18: 1-4

When a child, days are not spent worrying about food or clothes, or money or furniture. No, life is simply accepted in the knowledge that parents are there to provide.

               "And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever
               you ask the Father in my name, He will give you. Until now you have asked
               nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full." John
               16:23 - 24

                "Immediately the father of the child cried out and said with tears: "Lord, I believe;
                 help my unbelief!" Mark 9:24

I knew exactly what that father experienced. I promised to stand with her in faith.

Thank You, Lord, for sending your witnesses to teach us valuable lessons on a daily basis. Thank You that You only ask of us to have faith as a child: We believe; help our unbelief!

No comments:

Post a Comment