Tuesday 3 January 2012

I AM NOTHING ... BUT CAN DO ALL THINGS... THROUGH CHRIST

Whether we can believe it or not the third day of the New Year, 2012, has arrived and is almost done. May I wish you all a wonderfully satisfying and fulfilling 2012.

There is the tale of the two donkeys chatting... says the first donkey:

" I cannot understand it... yesterday, people threw palm leaves and clothes before me to tread on... when I was carrying Jesus into Jerusalem ... today, nobody knows I exist"; says the second donkey, "that's the way it is - without Jesus you are nothing"!

This is true.

There is a song we sing: "Without Him I can do nothing. Without Him I'd surely fail; without Him I would be drifting - like a ship without a sail..."

This also is true.

But there is another truth, recorded in the Word of God :

                 "For by You I can run upon a troop; by my God I can leap over a wall."
                  Ps. 18:29

and

                  "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." Phil. 4:13

Let us then not believe the first two truths only, BUT ALSO believe these two truths from His Word and let us go boldly facing this new year in His strength, for He has promised : "I will be with you always until the end of the age."

Thank You, Lord, that Your Word remains the ULTIMATE TRUTH - now and always. Help us to live according to Your truth and not act as if we are insecure, fearful, or without confidence as we start this year 2012, with all the wonderful opportunities, challenges and joys that it holds for each and every one of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment