Monday 24 October 2016

EVER FAITHFUL

For the last two weeks, I have been feeling rather grotty if I may be allowed the use of that word.

It is Spring, and hayfever is caused by pollen and such in the air, which in turn sometimes leads to sinusitis, which in turn can cause more serious infections because of the nasal drip that accompany these conditions.

Last night, I developed a headache, backache, and a temperature. I got into bed early drinking a hot toddy consisting of boiling water, lemon, honey and ginger. I downed a pain and fever reliever with it and settled down to do some serious reading.

The phone buzzed informing me that my youngest who lives in the USA was in ER undergoing scans because of severe abdominal pain.

Not what I wanted to hear at that moment. I shot up a prayer to the Lord for help, healing and assistance for her, phoned and asked them to keep me updated and carried on reading.

Af'ter some hours, the phone rang. It was my daughter saying that doctors cannot find a thing wrong and that the pain  has subsided. Thank You, You are indeed ever faithful.

Back to sleep.

We are planning to go to Johannesburg for a week, leaving tomorrow, to attend a wedding on the 29th. What with feeling under the weather, and my husband generally not being well, I got up this morning wondering whether we should try and cancel our flights and stay at home instead.

I sat down in my prayer corner and saw my diary open on the kist in front of me. The text at the bottom of the page is Proverbs 3:26:

                    "For the Lord will be your confidence, and will keep your foot from
                    being caught."

I opened Joshua Cooley's  book of devotions 'The one year devotions with Jesus' at today's date. The Scripture for the day is 2 Cor. 12:9:

                    "Each time (the Lord) said, "My grace is all you need. My power works
                     best in weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so
                     that the power of Christ can work through me."

I then read Psalm 138. Verses 7 - 8 says:

                     "Though I walk in the midst of trouble, You will REVIVE me (Capitals "
                     inserted); You will stretch out Your hand against the wrath of my
                     enemies, and Your right hand will save me. The Lord will perfect that
                     which concerns me; Your mercy, O Lord, endures forever; do not
                     forsake the works of Your hands."

Thank You, Lord, that you are ever faithful to all creatures great and small! Thank You that we may boast that Your strength works best in our weaknesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment