Friday 21 October 2016

AT THE RIGHT TIME

What is the saying: Good things come to those who wait?

Some six months ago, I may even be more, maybe nine months is more correct, I was chatting to a friend of mine in Durban. She is a devout believer and ever busy labouring in God's Kingdom.

She sounded a bit out-of-sorts, if I may use another expression and I asked what the worry was. No worry, she said, just frustrated and impatient. She felt very seriously that the Lord wanted her to do something new, but as much as she asked and waited, she felt no prompting in her spirit about any one ministry or direction in which to move at the time.

I said "hang in there girl, it will come" having no idea what or when or how.

When we spoke again a few months later, she was even more impatient, more frustrated, still waiting, still asking....

In the meantime, down here in Cape Town, a young man from our congregation was appointed as National Coordinator of the Surfers Mission organization - it could even be that his appointment was more or less at the same time as my first mentioned conversation with my friend. Surfers Mission  teach and assist surfers along the coastline of our country and tell them about the goodness of God and the sacrifice of our Lord Jesus, the Christ.

Friday morning, while we were in a missions meeting, discussing our own way forward here in Durbanville, Francois, who now resides in Jeffreys Bay, telephoned me. I promised to phone him back and promptly forgot! So, being the faithful man that he is, he phoned me back yesterday afternoon.

We caught up with news about their mission and ours and when I asked what their prayer needs were, he mentioned that they urgently needed a national prayer coordinator for their mission organization.

A light blazed in my mind! I knew exactly the right person for that job! My friend in Durban! She is a prayer warrior (have you seen the movie "War room"?). She is also intelligent, computer literate with uncapped internet access and best of all waiting to hear from the Lord regarding a new mission!

I mentioned all of this to Francois who was interested and became excited when he heard that she has been waiting on the Lord for a new mission! I promised to contact her and to send them each other's contact details.

Well, when I phoned her last night, she was immediately sure that this was exactly what she had been waiting for and she was very excited.

Now, we will just wait and see what the Lord is going to do in this instance!

Luke 11: 9-10:

                      "So I say to you, ask,  and it will be given to you; seek, and you will
                      find; knock, and it shall be opened to you. For everyone who asks
                      receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be
                      opened."

Sometimes we have to be very patient and wait because that which we ask for is not quite ready, or the need does not yet exist, but will in the future - the exact time known only to God. Take heart, be patient, wait upon the Lord. He is faithful and will not disappoint if you ask according to His Will.

Thank You, Lord, that You know more exactly what it is we need than we do ourselves. Thank You that You will rather let us wait than give us something inferior.

No comments:

Post a Comment