Thursday 6 October 2016

A WEANED CHILD WITH HIS MOTHER

First, I want to thank each of  the 10 002 people who have thus far visited this blog. I trust that you found a word, a Scripture, or a thought to comfort you, uplift you and to position you in the direction of a life fully aware of the circumsances in the lives of those around you and to understanding how much we each in our own lives have to be thankful for.

Ps. 131 has only three verses but what a picture David paints with his words:

              "Lord, my heart is not haughty, nor my eyes lofty. Neither do I concern myself
              with great matters, nor with things too profound for me. Surely I have calmed
              and quieted my soul, like a weaned child with his mother; like a weaned child is
              my soul within me. O Israel, hope in the Lord from this time forth and forever."

Like a weaned child.... not haughty, not driven by ambition, or lust, or greed after power or possessions, not anxious, fretful, or afraid, but cosy, secure, safe, satisfied, loved and cherished on the lap of the one person who knows what he/she needs and the one who will provide his/her needs when necessary!

"Hope in the Lord, O Israel!"

We need to calm our hearts and souls and know that God knows our needs and, in His ultimate wisdom, will supply what is truly necessary when it is truly needed.

Thank You, Lord, that we may be comforted in the knowledge that You know all and You are Jehovah Jireh, the Provider.

No comments:

Post a Comment