Sunday 10 January 2016

HAPPY TO BE BACK
 
Not being able to add to my blog for such a long time, was a great disappointment and inconvenience.
 
However, now I am once more able and very happy to do so.
 
It is 8.00a.m. on this Sunday morning in Cape Town and already the temperature is 24 degrees C. outside. I have just fed the birds and approximately 30 turtle doves, a number of  sparrows and two finches are enjoying a hearty breakfast outside on the patio.
 
My husband is about to be woken up with breakfast in bed, whilst the rest of the security village in which we reside is quiet and at peace. Would that the whole world were at peace at this moment.
 
I am reminded of a verse in the Scriptures which says:
 
           "Peace I leave with you. My peace I give to you; not
            as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your
            heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." John 14:27
 
and another verse:
 
            " These things I have spoken to you that, in Me,
               you may have peace. In the world you will have
               tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have
               overcome the world." John 16:33


Thank you, Lord, that we have the assurance that You are greater than anything and all things in the world; that You have conquered the world. This makes us more than conquerors through You who gives us the power to overcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment