Wednesday 13 January 2016

GOOD NEWS!

Up to now, this has been a day of beauty and good news.

My granddaughter, Melissa, is attending grade 1 this year and school started today. Her new teacher is young, beautiful and according to the photograph I have just received, her smile radiates friendliness and the ability to care.

Melissa is very excited about this new adventure in her life, and so are her parents. She is their first-born, so this is also a new and exciting experience for them.

I have just learned that my youngest sister's youngest daughter is pregnant with her second child!
What a blessing! What a joy to look forward to!

I have received, via my cellphone, lovely photo's of Melissa in her new schoolwear, her teacher, my sister's four grandchildren and all these lovely smiley faces have definitely put a smile on my face also.

Another photo I received is of my sister's husband. His head is prematurely bald, and I can see that his face is quite swollen, due to the last chemotherapy treatment he underwent a few days ago, but, standing with a grandchild on his arm, there is a big smile on his face as well.

That smile, in the circumstances, is priceless!

A good day full of good news and smiles.

I want to add to the good news of the day:

John 3:16 :

              "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten
              Son, that whoever believed in Him should not perish, but have
              everlasting life."

Thank You, Lord, for a wonderful day, for good news, for lovely smiles. Thank You that in You we have the ability to smile at and in the storms of life, because we know that You are with us and eternal life is as much a  reality as the sun shining on this beautiful morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment