Monday 25 January 2016

GLORY OR SERVITUDE?

 
 
I have been earnestly seeking God's face wanting to see more of His glory in my life.
 
During the night, the question arose in my heart, "What exactly do you want from God?"
 
This morning, I decided to find out the meaning of the word glory:
 
The Strong's New Exhaustive Bible Dictionary I consulted, has a number of meanings for this word: weight, splendour, copiousness, honour, magnificence, beauty, comeliness, excellency, majesty, to be clear, also of sound, but usually of colour,  hence to make a show, and in a bad sense it could therefor mean also to boast, and thus to be (clamorously) foolish, to rave, to be exalted above others.....
 
That is as far as I got determining the meaning of the word, when suddenly the small still voice that we all know, said to me:
 
"but that is not at all what I have in mind for you, my child. I specifically sent My Son, Jesus, to the earth to set the perfect example for you: even when He rode into Jerusalem and was hailed King by the crowds, He did so on a donkey. His whole life on earth was dedicated to service to others, to washing the feet of His disciples, to a life of dedication to My will; to obedience unto death. That is what I have in mind for you."
 
And that is and will be enough for me.
 
                    "Jesus, knowing that the Father had given all things into
                     His hands, and that He had come from God and was
                     going to God, rose from supper and laid aside His
                     garments, took a towel and girded Himself. After that,
                     He poured water into a basin and began to wash the
                     disciples' feet, and to wipe  them with the towel with
                     which He was girded." John 13:3-5
 
God's glory belongs to Him to distribute as He thinks fit.
 
Thank You, Lord, that You are always there to answer our questions, and to indicate the correct path that you wish us to follow; that You have provided the only true example we will ever need.

No comments:

Post a Comment