Wednesday 2 November 2011

THROUGH GOD'S EYES

I have two pairs of prescription glasses. One pair for reading and one pair for driving and distant vision.

Yesterday morning I had to drive to the Municipality to renew my car license. On the way, I suddenly realised that I was not feeling too good - not too comfortable - something was amiss - and then it dawned on me that I was driving with my reading glasses on!

I changed them immediately and suddenly it was a whole new world out there!! The trees were so green and beautiful and the sky so blue... even the colours of the other vehicles on the road were so much brighter - in fact, the whole world was so much brighter and more beautiful and I realised that immediately I was also feeling a whole lot better in myself - I remember I started singing as I was driving along...

                 "And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and
                 tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind; and God saw that
                 it was good." Gen. 1:12

                 "And God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good"
                  Gen. 1:31

And it is the same in life. Sometimes we view our circumstances, and challenges, and trials also "through reading glasses" instead of our multifocles or distant vision glasses!! And when we do, everything seems such a drag, dull, lifeless, we are listless, apathetic, or it's 'simply too much trouble to be bothered with', and we just cannot see ourselves making it through whatever is facing us that day!!

And the solution is simply to look at it with our distance vision glasses... to see the whole picture and not just to focus on the here and now - the challenge facing us this minute... but to look up ... look to tomorrow... look to the Source of your power and strength and endurance and victory! Look to the end result of what you're aiming to achieve!

Behold!  Look! See - through God's eyes - they are our proper 'prescription glasses' for looking at our lives - that it is good! Life is good! You are good! God only added the "very" to the "good" after he had created man in His own image! If He thinks that creating you was "very good" then it certainly was and then you certainly are!

                "This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it."
                 Ps. 118:24

Thank You, Lord, for this day - whatever it may bring - You have made it good! I will rejoice and be glad in it! I will put on the proper glasses and look at this day through Your eyes!

                    

No comments:

Post a Comment