Friday 14 October 2011

A NIGHTMARE INTERRUPTED

On the 9th of this month, in the early evening, I passed on the following SMS which I, in turn, had received from a friend, to about 30 people:

              " Life may, at times, splash us with big waves, but you and I know a MAN
               who walks on the water. May you walk so close to HIM that you will
                always move above the storm."

Four people responded to say that receiving it touched them, but the response I want to tell you about came from a widow whose husband passed away about a year ago. He was a colleague of mine.

She phoned me this morning, having tried and failed to get hold of me earlier, to tell me that during the evening of the 9th she was, and still is, sick with flu, headaches, and were experiencing a number of other symptoms, and whilst asleep she had a nightmare. She dreamt that she was climbing steps surrounding a square building. These steps went up and up and seemed never ending. In the centre of this building was what seemed like a whirlpool and the water just kept rising and rising. The higher she climbed, the higher the water rose and it threatened to engulf her. She became very frightened as there were already several bodies of children, who seemingly had drowned,  floating in this whirlpool.

She was woken up by the sound of her cell phoned announcing the arrival of an SMS. She was relieved to realise that it was only a dream.

And YES, you are correct - it was the SMS that I had forwarded! WOW! She says the minute she read it, the peace of the Lord descended upon her, and she went back to sleep immediately.

Imagine the SMS message being delayed to reach her at exactly the right moment ...

                "Thou knowest my downsitting and mine uprising; thou understandest my
                 thought afar off. Thou compassest my path and my lying down, and art
                 acquainted with all my ways. For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo,
                 O Lord, thou knowest it altogether. Thou hast beset me behind and before,
                 and laid thine hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it
                 is high, I cannot attain unto it. Whither shall I go from thy Spirit? Or
                 whither shall I flee from thy presence?" Ps. 139:2-7

Thank You, O Lord, that You know all about each one of us and that You even care about us whilst we sleep...Help us to walk so close to You that we will always walk above the storm...

No comments:

Post a Comment