Friday 20 April 2012

AN OPEN DOOR

Last Sunday morning I was listening to a minister preaching on this subject.

Whilst listening to him reading this verse:

                 "I know your works. See, I have set before you an open door, and no one can
                  shut it; for you have a little strength, have kept My word, and have not denied
                  My name." Rev. 3: 8

I was reminded of another Scripture:

                   "I am the door. If anyone enters by me, he will be saved and will go in and out
                    and find pasture." John 10:9

and then another verse popped into my mind:

                    "For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable." Rom. 11:29

Suddenly, I was no longer listening to the the pastor's preaching. I was instead listening to the Holy Spirit speaking in my mind and spirit. Jesus IS the door. He died for us and did a "finished" work. No one can add to it. "It is done" He said on the cross. He has opened all the doors we need to walk through.

Therefore if He is the door, and if God's gifts and calling is irrevocable, then we do not have to wait for an "opportunity" or for "a door" to be opened unto us to minister or spread the Gospel, or testify. Whatever the gift or calling that God has given you and me, we should use that timeously and untimely, wherever we go. Do not wait for someone to give you a chance to do whatever God wants you to do - just do it wherever you go, whoever you are with, whenever you are awake.

Let us ask the Lord to open our eyes and our hearts to understand that we may ALWAYS be busy with our Lord's business... day and night.

                  "Did you not know that I must be about my Father's business?" Luke 2:48
                  (Jesus in the temple as a child)

Thank You, Lord, that we do not need to wait for opportunities to be about our Father's business. Help us to remember daily that you have given before us an open door and that no one can shut it  and to act accordingly.

No comments:

Post a Comment