Friday 2 December 2011

GOD'S WORD CANNOT RETURN VOID

If you will read the devotion titled "Thorn in my flesh" you will know who I am going to tell you about now...

Well, as I said before, this lady found new employment, and left the Agency where I am employed.

On the last day, just before she left, when we said our good-byes, I asked her to try and remember some of the things we spoke about, and I also said to her, 'please remember that God wishes to have an intimate relationship with you; He wishes to be your friend, your husband, your lover... an intimate relationship is what He wishes to have with every person..'.

Well, she was gone, and peace descended on our office.... until I got a phone call from her the next Monday afternoon at about 16:20 when she asked whether I would be at our office until 17:00 as she wished to see me. She had something to tell me. I told her yes, I would still be there and would meet her at the door. She arrived promptly, waving her arms, eyes sparkling, until I had opened the glass door to let her in and then the tears just started pouring down her cheeks.  Needless to say, I was surprised and a little concerned, until she opened her mouth. She said, 'You remember those words you said to me as I left the last day I was here... about God wanting to be my friend, husband, lover, well, you won't believe me, but they stayed with me. I could not rid myself of them and then one night as I was sitting outside my flat smoking a cigarette, I looked up at the sky and I started talking to God... and now I cannot stop! I have asked Him to forgive me, to take me into His fold, and since then I am so full of joy, and so blessed, and He has not stopped pouring out His blessings on me since... I cannot begin to tell you how full of joy I am! I have started reading my Bible and praising God and thanking Him for his goodness to me... !

Needless to say, I was also full of joy! We literally grabbed one another round the shoulders and were jumpting up and down, laughing, and thanking God for his mercy and grace and for meeting with her the moment she looked up to Him!

Wow! Isn't God faithful!

This will teach me never to give up hope with anyone again! Just to keep talking...

She asked me, 'How does it make you feel to know that you were instrumental in my meeting with God?' and I could tell her that God, in fact, does not need anyone, or let me rephrase that: He can use anyone, and does not need one specific person. It does not make me a special person because He chose to use me in this instance, but I am very thankful that He had!

I want  to encourage you to not stop talking about our Lord; not to stop giving your testimony. There are so many spiritually hungry and starving people out in the world, and sometimes they do not even know what they are hungering after... don't stop. God will honour your faithfulness... keep going:

                "For as the rain comes down, and the snow from heaven, and do not return
                 there, but water the earth, and make it bring forth and bud, that it may give
                 seed to the sower and bread to the eater, so shall My word be that goes forth
                 from My mouth; It shall not return to Me void, but it shall accomplish what
                I please, and it shall prosper in the thing for which I sent it." Is. 55: 10 - 11

Thank You, Lord, that Your Word remains the truth and the same, yesterday, today and forever. Thank You that You are willing to use us, Your humble creatures, to fulfil Your purposes on this earth. Help us to be ever obedient to Your voice and Your Spirit and to not give up on anybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment