Tuesday 13 September 2011

...IF MY WORDS REMAIN IN YOU...

Reading the words of the apostle Paul to the Phillipians:

                  "I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of
                   mine making request for you all with joy...just as it is right for me to think
                   this of you all, because I have you in my heart..." Phil. 1: 3,4,7

I suddenly realised that using similar words more in line with the current use of the English language, we may sound exactly the same talking about our friends and family in Christ - even when we send them SMS's, for example.

That made me smile.

And then it made me wonder if I were to read the Word from beginning to end, how much of what is godly and righteous in the Word would be applicable and relevant to and in my life, remembering that my life, and yours, may be the only "Bible" that some people would get to read throughout their entire lives.

It may be a good and fruitful exercise to read the Word with specifically this in mind and remembering at the same time the words of Jesus:

               If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish and it
               will be given to you." John 15:7
and
               "...and find out what pleases the Lord..." Eph. 5:10

Thank You, Lord, that we are assured that "He who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ". Phil. 1:6 Please help us to remain in You and for Your words to remain in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment