Thursday 10 January 2013

MIRROR YOURSELF...


                              
                              " As in water face answereth to face, so the heart of man to man."
                        Prov. 27:19

When I read this verse this morning, I marvelled yet again at Solomon's wisdom.... I looked into my mind, at my thoughts, and saw a clear, vivid reflection of who I am.

I read it in the Afrikaans, 1983, version, which if translated directly says : " As in water you see your own face, so you will see yourself  reflected in what you think...."

What a wonderful way of assessing who we are ... let's exercise our thoughts to be pure and kind.

Lord God, thank you that our faces  may reflect You if we keep our minds stayed on the One who is good and pure and kind and loving, gracious and forgiving. Help us to exercise our minds to this end.

No comments:

Post a Comment