Friday 17 August 2012

STORMS IN OUR LIVES

Yesterday, I received an e-mail, one of the ones I really look forward to, from Mark Visser of Prophetic Equipping Ministries, under the heading the Now Word of God. I do appreciate these e-mails and recommend them to you. Part of yesterday's e-mail dealt with the 3 storms in the lives of Christians. I found it to be insightful and I think it may also be useful to someone out there, so I have taken the liberty of posting his notes verbatim as I received them:

"THE NOTES OF THE 3 STORMS:

James 1; 2   ‘Consider it pure joy, my brothers, when you are involved in various trials.’
  We will go through storms in life and face trials and tribultions.
  We must discern the storm and respond to each situation accordingly.
 
There are 3 storms of LIFE are:

1.     God storm - Acts 27: 15 - 26
2.     Satan storm – Luke 8: 34 - 24
3.     Self induced storm – Jonah 1: 1 - 4

The storms that I have gone through are: 

1.     God storm – My highs and lows in Life that God has led me into.
2.     Satan storm – Times when the enemy has brought direct demonic attacks into my life, family or circumstances.
3.     Self induced storm – Times when through my disobediance to the Lord, has brought consequential judgement to me.

Sometimes these storms culminate together and become a level 5 storm.
Like a hurricane, tsunami, tornado – a huge storm that invades just nocks me down.

REMEMBER THIS:  you cannot stop what comes against you, but you can control your reaction to what comes against you.
  1. At all times and in every circumstance, we must excersice the Kingdom of God through us without restraint.]
  2. The Kingdom of God is Love, Joy, Peace and rightousness in the Holy Spirit.

How do you ride out the storm?

1.     God storm – Worship God in the storm - Acts 27: 35 - 36
2.     Satan storm – Rebuke the storm - Luke 8: 24
3.     Self induced storm – Repent during the storm - Jonah 1: 12"

I hope that you will find it helpful in some situation in your life!
 
Thank You, Lord, that we know that You are there in every storm and that, like Peter, we may call upon You, and stretch our our hands towards You, knowing that You are able and willing to help us in our need.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment